STARBUCKS RESERVE (R) BRAZIL FAZENDA APUCARANA If Sunday is a day of rest, why not reserve some time for Starbucks Reserve (R) Brazil Fazenda Apucarana . I just happened upon this offering when I stopped at the Clover store the other night after work. I wasn't really in the market for a bag of beans, I was just "browsing" to see what was new. While it doesn't make my list of favorite Starbucks Reserve (R) coffees , it's actually a very good cup of coffee. Slightly more acidic than others that I've tried, but certainly has a nice complexion of flavors. Chocolate-y, sort of "smoky," and while it's billed as a "medium roast," it definitely ventures more onto the dark side. I made the first cup with my electric brewer and the second cup with a Chemex (TM) pour over. At $12.95 for an eight ounce bag, it's slightly more than Starbucks regular coffees, but yet being offered at a price point that doesn't make it seem a...
My sister went to Miami last week and brought me back - you guessed it - coffee! Pilon Coffee . I had never seen this brand before but apparently it's a staple in every household in Cuba. She brought me the "Pilon Gourmet Espresso." Don't be turned off by the word "espresso," it's a dark roast which can be used for drip or pour over. I won't lie to you and tell you it's not strong. It is. But it's good. However, I think I now know why Ricky Ricardo talked so fast!! Not planning a trip to Miami or Cuba soon? No worries. You can order online. http://www.javacabana.com/ Cafe Pilon's history dates back to 19th century Cuba. It has been brewed and served in Cuban homes since the 1800s, and its taste and aroma remain unbeatable. The Java Cabana family continues the Cafe Pilon tradition today.
It's the little things that help us get through the day. Like my new Cafe Appliance Speciality Drip Coffee Maker . If you can't afford a kitchen upgrade, maybe opt for a new coffee maker instead. The moment I took it from the box, I fell in love with the design. And then, I was intimidated by the technology. So, I turned to, where else, YouTube. And if you're at all hesitant or unsure, the customer service (this is a GE Appliance) is great. Each morning, I wake up feeling like Joan Jetson. (not a paid endorsement - just a really satisfied customer)
Comments
Post a Comment