Confessions of a Coffee Lover (I've been "seeing" a Nespresso)



I have really gone back and forth about whether or not I should mention something here.

But, I feel like we've become close enough over the years, that I shouldn't be holding back.

I've been seeing a Nespresso.

I didn't set out to cheat on my favorite whole bean and microroasted coffees.  It kind of just happened.  Blame it on the pandemic.

My affair has been going on for over a year.  That was when my daughter gave up her apartment in the city and moved in here.  

It was easy enough at first to pretend that the Nespresso didn't exist.  

I never touched it.  Didn't know how to use it and had no interest in learning.  Of course, I'd had Nespresso before, but I'm a true coffee lover, which means that I don't do Nespresso.  That's like drinking diet coke.  You either go big or go home.

Those frothy creations started to catch my eye and one afternoon, not wanting to take the time to make a pot or pour-over, I caved in.

Don't worry.  I'm not beyond hope.  I'm not "nespresso-ing" day and night.  But I do partake of the occasional cappuccino.  Okay, sometimes it's a full mug of coffee.

I'll never leave my true roasts for good, but I just thought it was important to be transparent with you.

If you can't trust a coffee lover, who can you trust?

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ve wanted to try Nespresso for years. I’m just afraid I will fall in love with “The Bad Boy” of coffee makers and need to go to a therapist to continue my committed relationship with small batch roasts that my kid picks up for me during travels. Once you cheat the first time, the second time is easy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is very interesting , I guess it must have taken you a hard time getting everything together. i also read about BLUE COOKIES STRAIN
    Nepresso is very a very nice coffe. I take it all the time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's Not Your Mother's Eight O'Clock Coffee - Columbia Single Serve Cup

All Time Favorite Coffee Jingles