Wednesday, September 9, 2009

"X" No More Coffee Pots!



Okay, so my day started out with a bit of a twist. And, as these things go, I was late for work. Sometimes it can't be avoided.

However, I am pretty strict about my coffee regimen. So, after my cup at home and my cup in the car, I always tottle over to Starbucks on my way into the office, for my cup of the morning brew. But, now I'm on a budget - argh - so I'm not buying coffee every day. Only when I can't pass it up - like if it's Starbucks Anniversary Blend. But, I do buy oatmeal every day at Starbucks - oatmeal with everything - hot, stirred not shaken.

So, today when my barista said, "Do you want coffee today or just yogurt?" ('cuz for weeks I was buying the Greek Honey Yogurt - but that's another blog for another day), and I answered "Just oatmeal," the manager, Adam at the Drumm Street Store(who rocks by the way), chimed in, "Hold on a second, I have something I want you to try."

Well, I'll try anything even remotely related to coffee. I was pleasantly surprised with two packets of the new Starbucks Via Ready Brew. . .this stuff has not even been released to the general public yet - so, I feel uber special.

I tried it and it's really good! This was the Italian Roast. And while there's nothing like freshly brewed coffee, for those on the go, traveling, etc., this is a wonderful alternative.

So, in closing, I would like to dedicate this blog to my late mother. A woman who loved her instant coffee. Unfortunately, her options were limited to Maxwell House, Folgers and Hills Brothers. Mama, you would have loved Starbucks Via Ready Brew.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, madam! She would have loved this because she always said she "likes the finest!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice post. i have had good instant coffee in france. you get it at the corner store --put a little cream and sugar, and voila!! it's not bad in a pinch...

    ReplyDelete