The Billion Dollar Cup of Coffee - For Peet's Sake!!


Unless you didn't have your coffee yesterday, you've already heard the news. Peet’s Coffee & Tea Inc., the Bay Area-based cafe chain, is going private for $977.6 million.


That's a whole lot of beans.

I remember when Peet's was just a Berkeley-thing. Locally-owned and operated.

Now, I've got nothing bad to say about Corporate America. It keeps my lights on and a roof over my head. However, I'm anxious to see what the German company - Joh. A. Benckiser (JAB) will do with the local institution.

Change is good. I guess. And a billion dollars is pretty hard to pass up.

I'd love to hear from some of you original "Peet-niks."

This news has given me a whole new appreciation for Yuban.

Have a great day!

Dottie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Not Your Mother's Eight O'Clock Coffee - Columbia Single Serve Cup

All Time Favorite Coffee Jingles