Where have all the micro-roasters gone?


I went into my local micro-roaster to find it's not so small these days.

There's none of that small-shop feel.  It's all been replaced by bags and bags of pre-roasted on the counter.  I didn't even smell the coffee when I came through the door.  

I didn't expect anyone to know my name.  But it would have been nice if they'd known whether or not they had any organic coffees.  Or even if they'd seemed somewhat excited about the different roasts.

I couldn't help but wonder if since they now offer their coffees in supermarkets all over, they weren't roasting it there at all.

That cute little roaster in the corner might just be decoration for all I know.

One thing I do know is that it's just not the same.  It makes me sad to see that nobody wants to be the little engine that could these days.  Everyone wants to be that big giant railroad that portions off the land.

I'm all for big business and commerce, but sometimes I just want a great cup of coffee that doesn't taste like the stuff I can grab off any shelf in town.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Not Your Mother's Eight O'Clock Coffee - Columbia Single Serve Cup

All Time Favorite Coffee Jingles