Are You Here for the Coffee or the Culture?



Sometimes we just have to stop in our tracks and think about what we're doing.

 I often have the impulse to just patronize a coffee shop because I want to be cool.

That almost happened to me this morning.  And then I realized, "I don't love their coffee.  I like it.  And, it's over a dollar more than the one three doors down.  So why am I here?

And the answer was that I was there because I thought that was where I was supposed to be.  And it's Friday.  I wanted to treat myself.

So, I settled on the shop two doors down where I got a coffee and a scone for the price of a cup at the "cooler" place.

I'm sure I'll stop into the cool place next week.  However, today, I'm proud of myself for not caving into the pressure to be accepted and find happiness in just being caffeinated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Not Your Mother's Eight O'Clock Coffee - Columbia Single Serve Cup

All Time Favorite Coffee Jingles