I'm not giving up coffee for Lent



I'm not giving up coffee for Lent.  Aside from the fact, that I don't want to set myself up for failure, I don't really think that's what the Season is all about.

And after hearing today's sermon at Mass, I might be onto something.

Don't get me wrong.  Reflection and prayer is a good thing in my book.  

However, I think it's more important to try to challenge ourselves to look inward for the next 40 days to see how we might be better people in word and deed.

I will try to gossip less - I said "try," - and I will try to avoid conflict and strife.

And for someone who's pretty much always hyped on coffee, those can be difficult tasks.

One more thing - I'm going to try to make time to have coffee with an old friend.

It's not about what you give up.  More about what and who you let in.

Peace and Blessings.

Happy Lent!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Not Your Mother's Eight O'Clock Coffee - Columbia Single Serve Cup

All Time Favorite Coffee Jingles