Saying Goodbye to my Favorite Barista - My neighborhood Peet's is closing


Breaking up is hard to do.

Especially when you're on a first-name basis with your barista.  Especially when he knows exactly what you want before you even order.

And most especially when he's warm, engaging, smart, funny and always in a good mood.

The Peet's near my office is closing down after 20 years.  That's a very long time.  And while I've only gone to this shop for a little over 5 years - that's a huge measurement in terms of cups of coffee.

And even though it's Friday, I'm more than a little sad that I just went in for the very last time.

On the bright side, I could get off one train stop early, add another ten minutes to my walk and meet my guy at his new Peet's location.

Who am I kidding?  I can never get that far ahead in the mornings.  Even with coffee.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Not Your Mother's Eight O'Clock Coffee - Columbia Single Serve Cup

All Time Favorite Coffee Jingles