Can We Talk?



Joan Rivers used to crack me up. She'd walk onto the stage of the old "Tonight Show" and say, "Can We Talk?"

Well, can we talk about Starbucks? I am not one of those people who thinks that Starbucks is the corporate devil. I understand and appreciate change. I know that little coffeehouses sometimes go under because they can't compete. On the other hand, I see a lot of wonderful things that Starbucks is doing in the community. And what about those "Grounds for Gardens?"

But, since it's Saturday morning and I can really appreciate taking my time while sipping my coffee and talking to you, I just want to say - Starbucks - what is up with this "15 second rule" in your financial district coffee bars? I know we're all in a hurry Monday through Friday, but really, really? Do you have to stack people on top of each other? Talk about being in another person's space. Before I can spit out my order as quickly as I can (I feel like a rapper), you're calling the next customer, "NEXT!" I mean, God forbid I should not have a Starbucks card and want to pay in old-fashioned cash. The looks I get while fumbling through my purse (okay, I admit it, my purse is a bit of a disaster) could kill!

I know you're trying to be efficient and move the lines quickly, but for crying out loud, can a girl just catch her breath?

Breathe. Stretch. Let It Go.

I feel so much better now that I've gotten that off my chest!

Thank God It's Saturday!


(Joan Rivers' caricature by Dale Gladstone - copyright protected)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Not Your Mother's Eight O'Clock Coffee - Columbia Single Serve Cup

All Time Favorite Coffee Jingles