What Is A Pop Culture Expert And What Kind of Coffee Does She Drink?




I was watching a segment on "The Today Show" last week and a woman was being interviewed about some particular news event. I can't even remember what the story was about. But I can't get her title out of my head, "Pop Culture Expert."

It made me wonder if I have what it takes to be a pop culture expert. Is it something that is now being offered as a major in colleges? A Bachelor of Science in Popular Culture? I wonder if there is such a thing? Probably.

Anyway, I would imagine that it requires a lot of reading of things like "Us Weekly" and "In Touch," and even "The National Enquirer." How many followers do you need on "twitter?" And of course, you'd have to be on "LinkedIn," and I would imagine you'd have thousands of Facebook "friends."

And you probably have to wear like really high heels and Minx nails and get facial peels and hang out in posh salons and the hippest bars and know all the latest restaurants. And not just the restaurants, but the chefs of each restaurant, and of course, you'd have to at least know a few "A" list celebrities personally. Or, at the very least, quite a few "B" list celebrities.

This young woman was very pretty. She had a great figure, was well-dressed and naturally well-spoken.

However, there was one thing I remember thinking throughout the time I watched her being interviewed and that is - what kind of coffee does a Pop Culture Expert drink?

Comments

  1. Sadly, she would drink whatever was the most popular at the time...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's Not Your Mother's Eight O'Clock Coffee - Columbia Single Serve Cup

All Time Favorite Coffee Jingles