A Cup of Coffee and "The Closer"


As many of you know, last night was the series finale of the TNT series, "The Closer."

It held special meaning for me because when my mother was dying from cancer a few years ago, one of the few things I looked forward to during this period, when I wasn't looking forward to the inevitable, was Monday nights.

It meant enjoying a good cup of coffee (sometimes tea)while watching, "The Closer."

*spoiler alert*

How ironic that in the next to the last episode Brenda Lee Johnson's (Kyra Sedgwick) mother died.

I also like candy - a lot - just like Brenda Lee Johnson.

That one hour escape on Monday nights probably helped save my sanity and provide a small bit of comfort. Funny how a television series based on a homicide unit could do that, huh?

Sometimes it's the little things that bring us a tiny bit of relief.

I'm going to miss "The Closer." Now, I just have to wait for the final season to be released on DVD.

TNT - thanks for the good times.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Not Your Mother's Eight O'Clock Coffee - Columbia Single Serve Cup

All Time Favorite Coffee Jingles