KLATCH COFFEE - Brazil Santa Mariana Roast



Oh, the power of social media.

I read on twitter that Klatch Coffee was voted number one coffeehouse in America.*  I couldn't remember who conducted the poll, but "number one" stuck in my head.

I've tried many different coffees -- the good, the bad and the ugly.  I've also had quite a few great coffees.  So, to say "number one" is saying a lot.  The voting would, of course, be based on a number of different factors.

Disclaimer:  I would never feel comfortable saying that any coffee that I've had is the best in the country.  It's all subjective.  I do have my favorites though and this would make the list.

Fast forward.  

I wanted to try something new, so I went to the Klatch Coffee website and searched under "new arrivals."

I like Brazilian coffees (a lot), so I ordered the Brazil Santa Mariana.  I opted for the priority UPS shipping because I was wanted it quickly and it was cheaper than FedX.

It arrived in the mail two days ago.  I waited until I had used up what I had in the grinder before opening the bag.

The first thing I noticed was the nice resealable bag.  The tape was easy to peel.  The packaging was nice and clean but nothing that really jumped out at me.  I was happy to see from the roast date that it had been roasted less than a week ago, which means, they roast and ship FRESH coffee every time.

Now for the taste test.

It was strong but not 'intrusive,' and like other Brazilian coffees had that chocolate-y undertone that I like so much.  But what really set it off as a special coffee was that there was none of the acidity or bitter aftertaste that often comes with a bold roast.

*  Klatch was voted "#1 Coffeehouse in the Nation by Da Vinci Gourmet Syrup at CoffeeFest Seattle.

If there is no Klatch Coffeehouse near you, do what I did, and order online.  It's definitely worth a try.  There are many different varieties from which to choose.

Brazil Santa Mariana is 12.95 for a 12 ounce bag of beans.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's Not Your Mother's Eight O'Clock Coffee - Columbia Single Serve Cup

All Time Favorite Coffee Jingles