Who Knew? Multi-Purpose Pasta



Where have I been?  

How is it that, I,  "lover of all things coffee and coffee-related," did not know that pasta is now being used as a biodegradable, earth friendly form of stirrer?

I went into my local micro-roaster for a bag of delicious-ness, also known as Mocha Java, and was offered a free cup with my purchase.  I said, "Sure!"

I walked over to the bar to add my one packet of raw sugar and a tiny splash of fat-free milk,  reached over for a stir-stick and was surprised to find that there weren't any.

I noticed a cup with long sticks of something - maybe 'honey in a straw?'  

Not wanting to show my ignorance, I hesitated to ask what the heck it was.  Finally, not seeing any spoons, I said to another customer at the bar, "Is this a stirrer?"  He said, "Yes, it's (something which I didn't catch and couldn't pronounce).  So, I proceeded to stir my coffee.

Finally, as I walked out of the shop, I stopped and turned to the barista and said, "These stirrers - they look like pasta.  What are they called?"

To which, the barista replied, "fettucini."

I was worried that it would make my coffee taste like pasta.  Which I guess is better than the alternative - which would be to have my pasta taste like coffee.  Seems to do the job.

What will they think of next?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Not Your Mother's Eight O'Clock Coffee - Columbia Single Serve Cup

All Time Favorite Coffee Jingles