A Special Tribute to Coffee's Best Friend




I was thinking this morning as I drank my first cup of the day, about where, when and how my love for coffee began.

I remembered my mother drinking her cup of Instant Folger's with a fresh glazed donut in the morning. The ultimate junk food junkie, the donut was one of Mama's five daily food groups.

She used to stop me for hot donuts in the morning on the way to school. Back then, I was eating them "dry," as I had not yet started drinking coffee.

So, this morning as I walked into Donut Time in El Cerrito (my favorite spot for donuts), I smiled warmly and realized were it not for these sweet delights with the hole in the middle, I might never have met my true love - coffee.

And, as Johnny at Donut Time always says, before you walk out the door, "Have a Nice Day!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Not Your Mother's Eight O'Clock Coffee - Columbia Single Serve Cup

All Time Favorite Coffee Jingles