What's In A Name?




We all get so caught up in names.

What is the name of the designer of this purse, that suit, those shoes, that fragrance, even bed linen.

But how important is it really? I mean, if I like a set of sheets from Target and they look good, am I going to sleep any better on a set of 1000 thread count designer Italian sheets?

Okay, that wasn't a good example.

But, I guess what I'm trying to say is that maybe we need to just enjoy what is put in front of us sometimes.

Which is exactly what I'm doing right now. Enjoying a delicious cup of coffee. I'd recommend it to you, except I have no idea what it is.

My nephew (the traveling gourmand) brought it back to me from Southern California.

I came home the other night and two black bags with no labels were sitting on the kitchen counter. I said to my daughter, "Where did this coffee come from?" She said, "Michael dropped it off."

I excitedly dialed his number and said, "WOW, thanks so much for the coffee!! Where did you get it?"

He replied, "Oh, I got it in Oceanside."

I said, "Wow, the beans look great and it smells wonderful. What's the name of the coffee shop?"

He said, "Oh, I can't remember. I lost the card. I just picked it up at a little coffee shop in Oceanside."

I said, "Well, thanks so much. I really appreciate it!" And hung up.

And then I thought to myself, "Geez, how can I blog about coffee if I don't even know what it is?"

That's when I realized, "Isn't the main thing that I like it?"

If anybody out there knows the name - can you let me know?

Never mind - what's in a name anyway?

Comments

  1. What a profound statement!! I just love it when anything or anyone can stand on it's own and not need a banner to validate worth. This got me to thinking about how much less stressed our "brand oriented" society could be if we forgot the "marquee name" and sought to discover our individual tastes. We have trained our brain to look at the label before we decide whether or not we would like a product or person. The old saying "you can't judge a book by it's cover" is still true.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's Not Your Mother's Eight O'Clock Coffee - Columbia Single Serve Cup

All Time Favorite Coffee Jingles