Getting Re-Acquainted With An Old Friend - Starbucks House Blend


Do you ever forget how much you like a certain food or place or person until you reconnect?  That’s how I felt when I got back in touch with Starbucks House Blend.

I’ve spent so much time sampling, savoring and celebrating dark roast coffees in the past couple of years, that I truly didn’t remember how much I liked medium roast coffees.

Starbucks offered free tall House Blend coffee last Friday for one day only.  It was a marketing effort designed to re-introduce people to the one that started it all.

When I walked up to the counter and asked the barista for my free cup, she said, “It’s medium.  You like bold.”  I said, “Yes, but I think I want to try it again.  It’s been so long I can’t remember what it tastes like.”  The barista said, “We never brew it.”

That’s too bad actually because it’s really good coffee.  I think House Blend got replaced by Pike’s Place as the “standard coffee” at Starbucks.

I enjoyed it so much that I bought a pound last weekend and have brewed it every morning since.  It caused me to stop and reflect on what other old friends I might need to go back and take a look at and taste.

"Make new friends – but keep the old.  One is silver and the other gold.”  (author unknown)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Not Your Mother's Eight O'Clock Coffee - Columbia Single Serve Cup

All Time Favorite Coffee Jingles