Reservations Required: Starbucks Reserve(R) Perú Aladino



I'm getting spoiled.  Lately, the only coffee I want to drink from Starbucks is the Reserved (R).  

Another winner.  Starbucks Reserve(R) Perú Aladino.  

I would categorize it as a medium roast.  I don't drink a lot of Peruvian coffee, but I think I will be drinking more after trying this.  It's really good.

The Perú Aladino is a lot milder than most coffees I've been drinking lately, which is a really nice change.  I brewed the cup I'm drinking in the automatic brewer but I'm looking forward to an afternoon cup of pour-over.   

If I'd known it was this good, I would have baked a cake to go with it.  Actually, I think I will.  This coffee would be great with a slice of my famous pound cake.  Well, it may not be "famous" but it is pretty good cake, if I say so myself.

12.00 for an 8 ounce bag of Starbucks Reserve (R) Perú Aladino beans.  Available only at certain Starbucks locations or purchase online.


Starbucks says:


"Citrusy with soft florals, sweet toffee notes and a cocoa mouthfeel.
We bring you coffee from Peru's Chontali district for the first time. Featuring Bourbon and Typica varietals, it wows us with bright, citrusy flavors - unusual for beans from Peru.
Some of the processing techniques used by farmer Aladino Delgado are also unique. Harvested beans are fermented above ground in earthenware tanks and then placed in greenhouses to create a controlled microclimate for drying. All part of Aladino's efforts to produce coffees this exquisite for years to come.
This special Starbucks Reserve® coffee is in very limited supply and only available at select stores."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Not Your Mother's Eight O'Clock Coffee - Columbia Single Serve Cup

All Time Favorite Coffee Jingles