Sip on This! Denny's Delivers on Dark Roast



I just returned from a family wedding in Texas.

There's no place like the South.  And since I was born in Arkansas, that makes me a Southern Girl so I should know.

While I love, love, love all the wonderful micro-roasted artisan coffees that can be found around the world (including, in Texas), there's something to say for simplicity.

Not to be left out of the "coffee culture," Denny's now offers a dark-roast blend.

When the waitress came to our table and asked "Coffee?" I forgot to mention that I like mine dark.

When she returned with my coffee, I said, "I'm sorry but I forgot to ask, do you have dark roast?"  She smiled and said, "I'll brew a fresh pot."  As I was giving her my cup back, she kindly offered, "Don't you want to sip on this until it's ready."

Now that's what I call Southern Hospitality.

By the way, the coffee was delicious.  And you get free refills.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Not Your Mother's Eight O'Clock Coffee - Columbia Single Serve Cup

All Time Favorite Coffee Jingles