"DON'T TAKE NO WOODEN NICKELS" - A WOODEN STARBUCKS CARD IS A DIFFERENT MATTER




My uncle used to say to us when we were kids, “Remember, don’t take no wooden nickels because you can’t spend them!”  It was his trademark “goodbye.”  

Starbucks is offering a “limited edition” birch wood collectible gift card.  This card is harvested from sustainably managed forests.  I actually bought two.  One for myself and one for a gift.  Not sure how sturdy the cards actually are or how good they are for ‘swiping,’ so I only loaded five bucks on each.  I bought them for the keepsake value more than anything else.

I can truthfully say while it’s not a nickel, it’s actually wood that I can spend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Not Your Mother's Eight O'Clock Coffee - Columbia Single Serve Cup

All Time Favorite Coffee Jingles