Peet's NEW JAVA - It's All About the Coffee



This will not be one of those reviews full of information about origin and complexity and soil and climate.

This is a review of the coffee.  Plain and simple.

Last night on my way home, I stopped into Peet's for a pack of coffee filters.  I used the last one yesterday morning.  I usually use my automatic coffee maker during the week because it's just easier.  And I'm always rushing.  I know.  I know.  

Anyway, I noticed a display with a few bags of what was labeled "New Java."  I'm thinking "New Java, as opposed to Old Java?"  

To be perfectly honest, I've had Mocha Java many times, but I didn't even know there was such a thing as 100% pure java.  See, I'm learning all the time.  It's a process.

Anyway, I picked up a quarter pound of beans.  That's one thing I absolutely love about Peet's. The people there never make you feel bad about ordering a quarter pound.  I mean, it's 17.95 a pound and payday isn't until Friday.  Just keeping it real.

I did ask the guy what the difference was between the Mocha Java and the New Java and he explained that the New Java isn't a combination of beans, but merely the pure java beans which gives it a bolder flavor.

So, this morning I overslept.  Took some cold meds last night and didn't hear the alarm.  Any-hoo, I stumbled to the kitchen (first things first) and made the coffee.  Well, first I ground the beans which was easy to do because it was only a quarter pound so I poured the whole bag in there at once.

Oh.  My.  God.  Talk about good.  Well, this coffee is far beyond good.  It's AWESOME.  I poured some in my thermos to bring to work because I just didn't want the goodness to end.

I will end by telling you this - guess who's buying a pound of  Peet's "New Java" on Friday? 

p.s. - keep this under your hat, because it's a limited edition and I don't want the supply to run out before I get more!

Comments

  1. My personal preference is always Kopi Luwak Coffee. I had tasted many types of coffee but this is somewhat unique of its kind.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's Not Your Mother's Eight O'Clock Coffee - Columbia Single Serve Cup

All Time Favorite Coffee Jingles