Coffee Review: BLUE BOTTLE BELLA DONOVAN




Every cloud has a silver lining. I was very disappointed that Cafe Fanny in Berkeley closed last Friday after 28 years :(

Where will I buy my beignets now?

Anyway, the good news is that yesterday Blue Bottle Coffee had a kiosk set up in the parking lot of the shuttered restaurant.

What a nice surprise to find (via Twitter).

I scuttled over and picked up a half pound of Bella Donovan (roasted on March 9 - how's that for fresh?). For 8.50 a half pound, I got a bag of beans which were ground to make a cup of African and Indonesia coffee that was mellow and delicious.

Once again, Blue Bottle comes through.

My only disappointment with Blue Bottle is that because they brew one cup at a time, I can never stop in during the work-week because I don't have time to wait. Of course, anything worth having is worth waiting for - or that's what I've been told.

Have a great Sunday - we have more daylight now - which means more time to look for great coffee, right?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's Not Your Mother's Eight O'Clock Coffee - Columbia Single Serve Cup

All Time Favorite Coffee Jingles