The One That Almost Got Away - Casi Cielo 2012


To think that I almost missed this seasonal offering is a thought - well, I just don't want to think about it.

When this coffee was released a couple of months ago (I think in late January), I thought, "I've had plenty of great Guatemalan coffee, Casi Cielo isn't the be all to end all."

So, I didn't buy any. I had a couple of cups on days when they were pouring it at the Starbucks in my office building but I looked at the bags of beans and turned up my nose.

Then last week, all of a sudden, I walked into Starbucks and realized "Hey, it's really gone??" What a fool I had been. I usually hoard pounds of the stuff.

So, I crossed my fingers and asked the manager if he had any left. It was my lucky day. He said, "Let me check." And then he came out of the storeroom and said, "I have one bag left."

I grabbed it.

The moral of the story. You don't miss your Casi Cielo until your well has run dry.

I'll never take this blend for granted again. Promise.


Guatemala Casi Cielo®

"A heavenly coffee from Latin America with a rich flavor, smooth body and cocoa finish." (from Starbucks.com)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Not Your Mother's Eight O'Clock Coffee - Columbia Single Serve Cup

All Time Favorite Coffee Jingles