STARBUCKS REUSABLE TUMBLER



After a month of refusing to buy into the Starbucks "reusable tumbler," I finally did it.  Actually, someone bought it for me.  They said, "I can't believe you didn't know about this!"  I replied, that I did, in fact, know about the new program rolled out by Starbucks at the beginning of the year to cut down on waste and promote sustainability. 

To be honest, something about it just didn't seem right.  In fact, I wouldn't even pick one up in the store.  But, alas, I had to get with the program, so to speak.

I used it for the first time today.  It's neat.  You pay $1 dollar for the reusable grande sized "plastic tumbler."  It is supposed to last for 30 cups of coffee.  You also save ten cents (that's one dime) on each cup of coffee you purchase when using the tumbler.

The first thing I noticed is that it feels weird.  Not like a regular commuter cup and not like a paper cup -- nothing I can put my hands on, but it's different.

It's sturdy enough, but unless you put the sleeve on there, you'll burn your fingers because that cup gets hot!  I also noticed that the lid is kind of hard to put on and off.  But, again, this was my very first time using the cup.

I know it's better than paper, saves money and the environment, but I just can't wrap my head around it yet.

Kind of hard to teach an old coffee dog new tricks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Not Your Mother's Eight O'Clock Coffee - Columbia Single Serve Cup

All Time Favorite Coffee Jingles