Love in a Mug



For me, having a cup of coffee is more than just routine, it's a statement.  

A statement about who I am and what I like.  

This may sound strange, but every cup has meaning for me.  Sometimes it means that I'm really tired and need to wake up.  Sometimes it means I'm really happy and I want to "celebrate."  Often it means I'm enjoying great company.  Other times, I'm in deep thought, writing or focusing on a project at hand.

But on mornings like this, it means that I'm savoring the moment and thinking about how much friendship means to me.  

That's because, this morning, I'm drinking from the newest mug in my collection.  A butterfly mug from my BFF.  

Her mom, whom I loved dearly, passed away a few years ago.  She collected butterflies.  And when my friend presented me with this mug, it not only told me she knows I love coffee, it told me that she knows I loved her mom and value her friendship.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Not Your Mother's Eight O'Clock Coffee - Columbia Single Serve Cup

All Time Favorite Coffee Jingles