Starbucks Peru Chanchamayo




I went into Starbucks and there sitting on the counter, was the loveliest Press Pot with a sample offering of their new Peru Chanchamayo.

Well, I poured myself a cup and it was cold. So disappointing.

To the rescue - a pleasant young barista - who just happened to be Peruvian. He said, "Would you like me to make a fresh pot?" How could I refuse?

I think this is going to make my list of favorite coffees. Starbucks website says:


"This spring we’re selling a truly exceptional coffee – Peru Chanchamayo. Carefully grown on the eastern slopes of the Andes in central Peru, these beans develop an exquisite taste as they are allowed to slowly ripen. We bring you this exclusive coffee, its lively flavor notes and subtle nuttiness, at the peak of its flavor.

This lively blend is organic, Starbucks™ Shared Planet™ certified and Fair Trade Certified™. We’re proud to say that Peru Chanchamayo meets our stringent guidelines for environmentally, socially and economically responsible coffee."


This coffee would be great with a batch of Peruvian Caramel Cookies and I know just the place to find them - but, that's another blog :)

Starbucks Peru Chanchamayo - good coffee - a good cause.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Not Your Mother's Eight O'Clock Coffee - Columbia Single Serve Cup

All Time Favorite Coffee Jingles