Getting Reacquainted With An Old Friend




I purchased a cookbook from Starbucks back in 1994. It was titled, "Starbucks Passion for Coffee - A Starbucks Coffee Cookbook." I used it regularly. Especially when I wanted to impress guests. It not only had a lot of wonderful information about coffee, it had some of the best recipes I've ever tried.

Well, somewhere over the years, it got lost. I would think about it every few months when I wanted to whip up something special for a potluck dessert or book club meeting. I always thought that it would eventually appear (like my eyeglasses at the bottom of the clothes hamper) and I would be thrilled and say, "I knew I'd find it!" But that never happened. And now it's out of print.

I'd promised myself that this year would be my "baking challenge year." Because while juggling work and family schedules, the old girl just didn't dazzle in the kitchen like she used to - so, I went to ebay and there I found it. A brand new copy. It arrived completely unopened from an antique shop in Maine wrapped in brown paper.

No more excuses. This year I'm making homemade biscotti.

Stay tuned for updates.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Not Your Mother's Eight O'Clock Coffee - Columbia Single Serve Cup

All Time Favorite Coffee Jingles