Random Thoughts On Rainy Days and Coffee



As I was hustling to work in the rain this morning, juggling my three newspapers under one arm, my big old navy blue tote (which my sister says looks like a suitcase) and my beat-up Kathy bag in the other - it's beat up but it's lucky - I realized I didn't have a free hand to stop and get a cup of Starbucks. They're brewing Verona this week and it's one of my favorites.

So, I looked around and I did an informal survey of how many people were carrying cups of coffee today in the rain versus the number who carry cups of coffee when it's not raining and they don't have to carry umbrellas. And I wondered if they all drank their coffee at the coffee shop instead of carrying it up to their desks or if they were going to drink the office coffee so they wouldn't have to deal with the cup and umbrella simultaneously.

Anyway, I think that my un-scientific study showed that fewer people stop for coffee when it's raining. I, of course, am not one of those people.

So, here I sit at my desk, a tall Verona on my right and dripping all over the place.

It's only water, right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Not Your Mother's Eight O'Clock Coffee - Columbia Single Serve Cup

All Time Favorite Coffee Jingles