"My Sweet Evangeline"



Evangeline, A Tale of Acadie is an epic poem published in 1847 by the American poet Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. The poem follows an Acadian girl named Evangeline and her search for her lost love Gabriel, set during the time of the Expulsion of the Acadians. (Wikipedia)


This coffee is so good, I had to do it justice by going out and finding some beignets to go with it. To be honest, I was expecting another good coffee from Community Coffee. What I got with the "Evangeline Blend" was a great coffee! It's dark and delicious. Goes down so smooth that I was pouring my second cup before I'd even given it a thought. Low-acidity. Rich flavor. Longfellow would be honored.

Priced at $8.99 for a 12 ounce bag. Evangeline Blend is part of Community Coffee's "Private Reserve" collection

www.communitycoffee.com

The Evangeline Blend is described as an exclusive gourmet coffee blend created to honor Louisiana’s most enduring legend. In the tradition of the poet Longfellow, this selection was crafted in honor of the bittersweet romance of Evangeline and Gabriel. They combine 100% Arabica coffee beans and dark roast them to produce a deep, semi-sweet flavor with no sharp edges. It is a medium-dark roast, with medium-high acidity and a full body. (Community Coffee website)

Beignets by Cafe Fanny.

Comments

  1. Oh, beignets! They look divine! I can practically smell them through the computer screen. :) I suppose I will have to buy some of this coffee so I too will have an excuse to buy beignets.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's Not Your Mother's Eight O'Clock Coffee - Columbia Single Serve Cup

All Time Favorite Coffee Jingles