I Can't Get No Satisfaction - What To Do When Your Coffee Shop Doesn't Love You Anymore

I find myself crying in my drip this morning.  I've finally come to terms with the fact that my coffee shop doesn't love me anymore.

Lumps in my oatmeal.  Heck, this morning it was like glue!

No mention of my name, even though it's there to plainly see.  Sale price signs not being honored.  I have to face it.  It's over.  Done.  Finished.  

When my favorite barista left a few months, I knew something was up.  Then my next favorite barista.  Then the one after that.  

One by one, they started to leave, things went south and what was once a mediocre coffee experience turned into a shattered relationship.

I've overlooked plenty of their shortcomings the past two years.  But I still showed them love.




I mean, it was rough for me when I moved into this part of town and had to switch coffee establishments.  But I stuck it out.  Even though the service wasn't that great, the pastries looked all tired and sad, people didn't know their products and the customer service left a lot to be desired.

However, in the past, I felt like they at least appreciated me.  Now, for the last three weeks, probably more, there's just been no love shown at all.  Oh, sure there's the obligatory monotone greeting, but no feeling behind it.

What hurts the most is that this is right inside my own building.  Winter is coming.  The weather is getting cold.  Do they expect me to go outside and up the hill two blocks just to get a little attention?

I hate to complain, but what can I say?  I' m hurt.

Comments

  1. Time to put the peddle to the metal and burn rubber on "Cafe Strange Love". Time to think about setting the timer on your favorite coffee brewer for early morning, pull out that cute thermos you've got just sitting on a shelf in the kitchen cabinet and toss in a colorful Vera Bradley lunch tote and ease on down the road. I've started taking my own concotion of steel cut oatmeal tossed with chopped toasted pecans, brown sugar and cranberries in batches on the weekend and put in sandwich bags to toss with hot water in a eco-friendly, microwave-safe, disposable cup, when I get to work. I refuse to pay for continued disappointment at in-building coffee shops all for the sake of convenience.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's Not Your Mother's Eight O'Clock Coffee - Columbia Single Serve Cup

All Time Favorite Coffee Jingles