Starbucks 2013 Thanksgiving Blend - It's What Inside That Counts - Or, Is It?



I'm the first to admit, I don't always buy a full pound of coffee.  Often, I will buy just a half-pound. Sometimes it's to see if I like it.  Other times, it's because I've spent too much money on coffee in a particular week.  

When the super-nice barista cheerfully offered to grind up the beans for me, and handed off the bag, with her hand written "Thanks Giving Blend" on the outside of the brown wrapper, it was the words that made me warm before I'd even had a chance to brew the coffee.

Something just hit me about those words.  Thanks.  Giving.  Blend.

Suddenly, it wasn't about the coffee at all.  It was about "giving thanks."  

Thankful that something as small as a cup of coffee can make me smile.

Thankful that this particular Starbucks employee is always cheerful.

Thankful that I was able to buy even a half-pound of coffee.

Thankful that I was moved emotionally by the words. "Thanks"  and "Giving."

Maybe I'm just getting in a holiday mood, but I can honestly say I'm truly thankful.

By the way, this year's batch is superb.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Not Your Mother's Eight O'Clock Coffee - Columbia Single Serve Cup

All Time Favorite Coffee Jingles