It's YOUR Coffee Thing, Do What You Want to Do!




If you read this blog regularly, you know that I don't purport to be a "coffee expert."  

I haven't been to "coffee school," or taken any special classes that would place me in a rank above your average coffee drinker.  I'm not a barista.

I pride myself on being just a regular old "Joe-sephine" who enjoys trying different coffees from the inexpensive to the very expensive.

But just this week alone, I've run across one too many people who seem to think that they should tell the rest of us how to enjoy our coffee.  

You may know one of these self-righteous types.  They say "Coffee is best enjoyed black," or "artificial flavoring ruins the coffee," or "true coffee should be only pure coffee."

Well, you know what I say to them?  "You do you and I'll do me."

I've admitted here before that I often enjoy a tiny bit of powdered creamer in my coffee.  I didn't say that it's the "perfect" way to drink it, or that it's good for you.  I'm saying that yes, sometimes, I want a little powdered creamer.  That's how I first learned to drink it and old habits die hard.  

There are also days that I want to have low fat milk, and on those days when I really want to treat myself, I will add real cream.  I don't really drink flavored coffee, but I can respect those who do.  So, if you take pleasure in hazelnut or vanilla or some other artificial flavoring in your cup, I won't judge you.

And I almost always have a packet of raw sugar or a brown sugar cube in my coffee.  

Doesn’t matter how you take it, as long as it makes you happy!

Otherwise, what's the point?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Not Your Mother's Eight O'Clock Coffee - Columbia Single Serve Cup

All Time Favorite Coffee Jingles